PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END!
*Specific instructions about applying included*
We are seeking a Client Specialist responsible for the sales of legal services. This position is only for rock-star sales people who can both sell legal services and cultivate new relationships in order to generate new leads. Our firm provides criminal defense legal services and has a stellar reputation statewide. Exceptional client service is of utmost importance to us.
The Client Specialist will conduct initial and follow-up consultations with prospective new clients (PNCs). These PNCs contact our firm and are pre-screened prior to the initial consultation.
The Client Specialist will
- Collect more in-depth information about the PNCs and the matters for which they are seeking the firm's help.
- Follow firm prescribed guidelines on how to communicate with PNCs in the most effective manner.
- Assure the PNCs that the firm's attorneys and staff will be able to help them.
- Show compassion to PNCs for their goals and concerns.
- Help PNCs understand the difference between working and not working with the firm.
In accordance with the ethical rules governing lawyers, the Client Specialist will notprovide legal advice or enter into a legal services agreement with a PNC. Rather, the Client Specialist will prepare the PNCs for hiring the firm with all legal services agreements conditional upon acceptance and approval by a licensed Maine attorney.
The selected candidate must be able to keep detailed records about the number of PNCs who come in for initial consultations, and the number who ultimately engage the firm.
The Client Specialist will also be responsible for staying in contact with PNCs who do not hire the firm during their initial consultation to keep the door open for the PNC to hire the firm when they are ready.
If you are not a rock-star, if you cannot discuss big price points and complex problems with maturity and sensitivity, or if you don't have the stomach to do some follow-up with prospects, please do not continue.
If you are the “high pressure” sales type who thinks that sales is a macho game, please do not continue.
We believe sales is a service we do for our potential new clients to educate them and to help them think through their options as they make courageous and sometimes scary decisions about their future.
We believe in a consultative selling where we help our potential new clients make sense of their situation, weigh their options and make important and sometimes painful decisions.
We really believe that, even if we decide not to accept the case, every potential new client should leave our office better off for having met with us.
If you come from the school of thought that sales is all about what you can “get” from a potential client, what you can “talk them into,” or you use the high pressure method of sales, please do not apply.
We use the initial consultation as the beginning of a long-term relationship with our potential new clients. If you are interested in a career (we really think of it as more of a “calling”) that offers competitive benefits, training and professional development to stay sharp, total transparency, and fuel for your soul (because we're really and truly helping people!) then please apply.
We are looking for individuals with fire and ambition, not excuse-making “clock watchers” who will hide under their desk waiting to be told what to do all day long.
- The Client Specialist must be confident, articulate, diplomatic, yet willing to speak frankly to the PNC when needed with high emotional intelligence.
- Must be able to bring PNCs to the point of signing a legal services agreement with the firm.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed to achieve his or her professional goals as well as the firm's goals.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with iOS and all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have strong administrative skills, such as attention to detail, managing calendars and appointments, drafting letters, and filing.
- Experience with client retention management and law practice management software such as Lexicata, MyCase or similar systems is a plus, but not required.
Education & Experience
Skills and experience are required and valued.
Personality, character, intelligence, and integrity will be paramount considerations.
- The ideal candidate has sold high-end products like jewelry, cars, real estate, luxury apparel, insurance, or similar.
- Education and/or work experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree
- Real life experience and a few “battle scars” from providing empathy and understanding are assets
This is a full-time position. This position is more than a job. For the right candidate, it's a career. Compensation is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. Compensation will include an hourly base salary plus performance-based incentives. May pay reasonable relocation costs for the right candidate.
We offer full-time employees time off, health benefits, maternity leave and participation in firm's Simple IRA retirement plan including up to 3% match by employer. Position is subject to a 90-day probationary period. Paid time off and retirement benefits begin after probationary period.
Ready to Apply?
Interested candidates need to email [email protected] with “I'm your next rockstar!” as the email subject line. In the body of the email, provide your name, phone number, email address, and your favorite food. Attach the following as separate documents in PDF format only.
(1) Cover letter containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What you think it takes to be a stellar Client Specialist
- What you are looking for in a job
- What you bring to the table (i.e., qualities that would be of value to our firm)
- The letter should be written in Arial, size 12 font and addressed to "WTB LAW Team"
Those whom we select for further consideration will be asked to take a written quiz, participate in one or more phone and in-person interviews, and provide professional references.