Androscoggin County Criminal Defense Lawyer
In 2012, The Maine Department of Safety reported that Androscoggin County had a crime rate of 31.35. That same year, the average for the State of Maine was 26.39 suggesting Androscoggin County has a slightly higher than average crime rate. The most common criminal offenses reported in 2012 were larceny, burglary and motor vehicle theft.
Attorney William T. Bly defends clients allover Androscoggin County who have been accused of criminal offenses such including the following:
- Violent Crimes: Murder, Assault OUI: Juvenile OUI, Commercial OUI
- Sex Crimes: Rape, Child Pornography, Indecent Exposure
- Drug Crimes: Possession, Trafficking, Cultivation
- Domestic Violence: Assault, Stalking, Harassment
- Theft Crimes: Burglary, Larceny, Shoplifting
- Driver's License Issues: Driving without a License, Habitual Violator
- Federal Charges: White Collar Crimes
If you have been accused of a criminal offense in Androscoggin County, call WTB Law right away. A conviction for even a minor offense can result in steep penalties such as fines, probation and even license suspension for offenses like DUI. Additionally, a conviction will appear on your criminal record which jobs, schools and banks check before making acceptance decisions. For more information about fighting your charges, contact an Androscoggin County defense attorney now.
Androscoggin County Divorce Attorney
In any divorce, there are bound to be some areas of contention between parties. Common disputes center around child custody, parental rights and responsibilities, alimony payments, and division of assets and debts. Divorcing parties have several options for settling these disputes. The most common divorce strategy is litigation; though this does not always mean that parties will end up in court. With the aid of a divorce attorney, they may be able to negotiate a divorce quickly and painlessly.
Anyone who is thinking about filing for divorce in Androscoggin County should speak to an experienced attorney right away. Not all divorce lawyers are the same. At WTB Law, we care about our clients and will work hard to get them the results they want. To find out more, call our office to set up a free consultation.
Androscoggin County Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in an accident in Androscoggin County, call an injury lawyer right away. There are strict statutes of limitations that only give you a certain amount of time to file your claim.
When a person is injured or killed, they may be entitled to seek compensation for their medical bills, lost wages from missed work and more. If a life was lost, the family may be eligible for wrongful death compensation and funeral expenses. At WTB Law, we represent victims of all of the following types of accidents:
- Auto Accidents: This includes car crashes, truck accidents, bus accidents and even pedestrian accidents.
- Wrongful Death: Any accidents that results in the loss of life could be considered wrongful death.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These accidents can occur anywhere including at a store, business, neighbor's house, or on the job.
- Retail Store Injuries: Store management has the obligation to make sure the premise is kept reasonably safe.
- Recalled Product Accidents: Companies may recall defective cars, medication, etc. in order to prevent consumers from being injured.
- Defective Product Injuries: A consumer who is hurt from a product that does not perform correctly may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Brain and spinal cord injuries can have long term effects that require a lifetime of treatment and care.
If you or a loved one have been hurt as the result of an accident caused by a negligent party, call our office to speak to an Androscoggin County injury lawyer. We can help you get the compensation that you need for your expenses and pain and suffering. Call now for a free consultation.
Courts in Androscoggin County
Androscoggin County Superior Court
Criminal charges are often held in Superior Courts in Maine because they are the only courts that use juries. The Superior Court for Androscoggin County is located in Auburn.
2 Turner St.
Auburn, ME 04212
Clerk: Linda Mason
Phone: (207) 330-7500
Court Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Androscoggin County District Court
District Courts in Maine hear civil and family cases as well as criminal cases in which the defendant has waived their right to a jury. There is one District Court in Androscoggin County which is located in Lewiston.
71 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
Clerk: Sue Bement
Acting Clerk: Michele Haggan
Phone: (207) 795-4800
Court Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm